My name is Alan the C being my wife hence the title “C & A Wild Images”. After both spending nearly 40 years working in jobs that demanded much of our time and energy we’ve finally found some time to take up some new challenges. Having moved from the London area some time ago, we now live in Norfolk, an ideal location to pursue our interest in nature and wildlife.
Our children have spent some time living abroad which has also given us the opportunity to visit and spend time in interesting and sometimes remote parts of the world.
We first became interested in trying to capture wildlife images when were at university in the days of slide film. When we returned to the challenge digital photography had taken the place of the film slides and waiting a week or two to see the results had long gone, although the challenge of capturing that unique image remained the same, Initially we used two compact cameras with 20+ zooms but now have moved to a Canon SLR set-ups.
Canon EOS 7D
Canon EOS 500D
Fuji FinePix S5000
Olympus Stylus Tough TG-4 underwater camera
Canon EF 400mm f5.6 L USM
Sigma 150-500mm f5.6.3 DG OS HSM
Sigma 18-50mm f2.8-4.5 DC OS
Olympus TCON-17 Tele Conversion
Canon EF 70-300 f4-5.6 IS USM
BK-45 Gimbal Tripod Head
Canon Speedlite 430EX Flashgun
Velbon Sherpa 450R Tripod with PH157Q Head
Manfrotto 776YB M-Y Monopod
Jobby Gorillapod SLR Tripod
- Grey Seals at Horsey, Norfolk
- Sculthorpe Moor
- Minsmere’s Amazing Adders
- Sanderling (R6WYWR) update
- Winter Shorebirds and Waders
- Late Winter walk at Titchwell RSPB reserve
- Wakodahatchee Wetlands
- Winter at Merritt Island Wildlife Refuge
- A wet day with the Grizzlies
- Autumn along the West Bank at Titchwell
- Tofino Black Bears
- A Day in Glacier Bay National Park
- Ketchikan and Black Bears in Tongass Forest
- Humpbacks in Juneau
- Diary of a Great Tit Nest box Camera.
- The private life of the Dunnock.
- Early Spring at the RSPB Titchwell Reserve
- Kingfishers at Titchwell RSPB reserve
- Garden Birds
- Volunteering at Estacion Las Tortugas