The western states of the USA are famous for their stunning scenery especially Wyoming and California. Both states are home to some of the most famous National Parks. All of which are home to a wonderful array of wildlife. Over the years we have been able the visit some of them in particular Yellowstone, The Sequoia National Forest and Yosemite.
California also has an amazing coast line and is home to some of the largest rookeries of Northern Elephant Seals in the northern hemisphere.Visiting during the winter months from December to March provides always provide excellent wildlife watching. At Piedras Blancas huge numbers haul out on the beach to pup and mate on the beaches.
This gallery of images hopefully shows a small selection of the wildlife that inhabit these wilderness areas.
- Bird Song quiz
- British Bird Quiz
- Cahuita National Park
- Tortuguero National Park
- Costa Rica – Coastal Secrets
- Sparrowhawks in the garden
- Interesting facts about the lives of Sloths Costa Rica.
- Along the Norfolk Coast
- Kingfishers and Ospreys
- Bempton Cliffs more than just a Sea Bird Colony.
- Morning Bird Drive at Satpura
- Satpura’s East Buffer Zone
- Morning Drive in Satpura
- Tigers and Sloth Bear in Satpura
- Sloth Bear in Satpura
- Twilight in Satpura’s west buffer zone
- Sunday Morning Safari in Satpura
- Satpura’s Western Buffer Zone
- Safari to Churna camp